First of, let me start by sending a massive thank you to Urška and Matic at Sliva. Based in Slovenia, these two wonderful people post regularly about their travels and adventures in nature. Like me, they very much agree that getting outdoors is one of the most important things in life – and they have tonnes of articles that can help all in doing so 🙂
Second, I am incredibly honoured to have been nominated for this award twice. A massive thank you to the Travel Realist for that! Their site is a wonderful look at how to travel like a ‘normal person.’ We can’t all sell our house and become nomadic – we have family, jobs, health conditions – but we can still all enjoy travel! I highly urge you to check out their site for some awesome tips, musings and travel stories!
Now, let’s get down to business.
The Versatile Blogger Award is given by bloggers to more bloggers who display uniqueness and love for what they do through quality writing on throughout their blog. This helps encourage to continue delivering great content, and get fellow blogger’s work out there!
There are some criteria though such as: The quality of the bloggers writing, photograph quality, uniqueness in the subjects covered and a strong level of love shining through their work for what they do!
Thank your nominator on twitter and in your post
Post 7 random facts
Nominate up to 10 others.
Tweet your nominations for all to see!
7 Random Facts About Me
1. I suffer with Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, Gastritis, IBS and Hypermobility. You’ll often hear me refer to my ‘chronic illnesses’ – these are what I’m taking about!
2. I am Insane & Proud. After a lifetime of horrendous anxiety, panic attacks, depression and occasional delirium, I have owned my crazy and don’t let it hold me back.
3. Travel is in my Blood. My ancestors came over from Barbados, my grandparents lived in Malta, Prague and Hong Kong and my parents took me on endless outdoor adventures when I was little!
^^^ My Bajan Great-Granddad causing havoc in Aberdeen, Scotland
4. I have a Theatre Degree! Random – yes – but it afforded me the opportunity to basically study the entire history of humanity. Art reflects life, after all.
5. Travel is my first love, Festivals are my second. I used to work the festival season every summer with a Shisha tent named “Happy Hookahs”
6. Music is life. Hip-Hop, Grime, Reggae, Jungle, Dancehall, Drum & Bass, Dub, Ambient, Folk, Acoustic. My iPod is my second most important item after my passport.
7. My favourite country that I’ve visited so far is Morocco – click here to know why!
I nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Photon Collections. Callum is an incredible photographer who’s currently on the travel adventure of a life time. His blog Blind With Emotion records all of his experiences, alongside beautiful pictures that he takes himself. He also posts some amazing articles about living as a young adult in the modern world.
- Obsessions. Midori has already been nominated for this award, but her blog is so great I wanted to give her another shout out. She posts about two of my greatest loves – travel and music – and lives in one of my faves cities – Barcelona. Follow for great reviews, travel posts and beautiful photography!
- Pack Your Baguios. I discovered these guys after I saw a comment from them saying ‘not every traveler is young!’ Valid Point – and after checking out their blog, I aspire to still be exploring the world and creating awesome content like they are in 20+ years! They’re offering a vital travel perspective and an inspiring story that needs to be heard.
- GlobalETA Karla and the adorable Mr. Duo Magoo (a dog, in case you were wondering) are the wonderful team behind global ETA. I love everything about this website/blog – it’s style, slant and, most of all, the incredible range of travel reviews available. Care about the planet? Want to get out and adventure? Do queer travel experiences tickle your fancy? Then this is the blog for you!
I still have a few spaces left on my nomination list so if you want to be considered then please let me know!!
Nominees: Don’t forget to follow the rules if you haven’t already! 🙂
Once again, a million thank yous to the guys from Sliva and the Travel Realist for my nomination!